Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants
As the industry pioneer that first introduced the boutique concept to the US, we at Kimpton® Hotels & Restaurants are renowned for making travellers feel genuinely cared for through thoughtful perks and amenities, inventive meetings and events, bold and playful design, and a sincerely personal style of guest service.
Kimpton Hotel Amenities and Policies
Kimpton® Hotels & Restaurants
Kimpton® Hotels & Restaurants is an industry pioneer, first introducing the boutique concept to the United States in 1981. We’re known for making travelers feel genuinely cared for through our heartfelt, human connections, thoughtful perks and amenities, inventive meetings and events, bold and playful design, and a sincerely personal style of guest service. Our individually designed hotels blend the surrounding environment with local culture to deliver a memorable boutique experience—both authentic and reflective of the location. Though each of our hotels always ‘feels’ like a Kimpton®, they are delightfully unique. We aim to help you feel connected to the best a city has to offer, so that every experience, and stay, is always distinctly personal. Whether you’re building a travel program, planning a meeting or event, or arranging an individual trip, we mix business with pleasure for a memorable stay every time.
- We started it. Blame us. We were the first boutique hotel and restaurant company in the U.S, thanks to our founder, Bill Kimpton, and his first hotel in San Francisco. Bill said, “It’s a boutique hotel,” and people said, “A what?” No one had heard of such a thing -- a place where you could stay that was more like someone’s beautiful, livable and stylish home than a big, impersonal hotel where no one really cares if you come or go. Happily, the idea caught on, and today we have lots more of these top, award-winning boutique hotels all over the country, and equally exciting adjacent restaurants that envelop you with our signature style of heartfelt care.
- We say “cheers” every day by offering a hosted evening wine hour at every hotel. (Another nice thing to have on the “to do” list.)
- We adapt beautifully. We have more experience turning interesting old buildings into great hotels than anyone… possibly in the world. Our historic adaptations often become matters of great civic pride.
- We’ve got the key. All Kimpton hotels are Green Key certified, putting to work more eco-conscious practices across the country than you knew existed. We’ve actually lost count.
- We’ve been named to the FORTUNE “100 Best Companies to Work For” list many times. This one makes us feel all warm inside.
- Aced it. We’re the only hotel and restaurant company to earn a perfect 100% score on the Human Rights Campaign’s Corporate Equality Index, 10 years running.
- We made all our hotels pet friendly because travel is better with a friend. We never charge fees or get fussy about size.
- We could go on, but we’re sure you have somewhere you want to go.
RESTAURANTS + BARS
Kimpton’s collection of 70+ award-winning restaurants and bars are locally loved, not to mention destinations unto themselves. You’re just steps away from the best places to wine, dine, and unwind. Our celebrated chefs take local, seasonal, and sustainable to heart, hand-crafting meals with creativity and a passion that is delectable. Our bartenders shake things up and squeeze pure genius from uber-fresh ingredients, fine-tuning cocktail classics, and creating surprising new drinks in handsome spaces that invite you to mix and mingle.
MEETINGS + EVENTS
We pride ourselves on offering custom-crafted meetings and events to delight any palate. A Kimpton meeting is a one-of-a-kind event, where flexible meeting spaces allow you to chart your own course. Cookie-cutter doesn’t cut it, so through hands-on collaboration, we plan the event that’s just right for you. From unexpected, locally inspired breaks to thoughtfully prepared food handcrafted by our celebrated chefs, and green-friendly standards, meetings with us are anything but business as usual. Our beautifully designed spaces and settings break down walls. They lift spirits and elevate engagement, so we can help inspire your next big idea.
We create memorable events through passion,
personal attention, collaboration, and customization to
reflect the needs of you and your guests.
Delicious Food + Drink
Fully engaged chefs and bartenders blend their talent
with personalized taste that reflects the local culture.
It’s not meeting food. Or event food. Or banquet food.
It’s great food.
Our design breaks down walls. Our spaces make
you feel right at home, yet someplace dramatically
different, helping inspire the next big idea.
Unique event ideas spark from thoughtful
collaboration with chefs and planners. Results are
never one size fits all, it’s always one size fits you.
We bring little luxuries to every business event
that inspire a sense of belonging. Our long list of
“standard” perks is decidedly non-standard.
Our “standard” perks are decidedly non-standard. We aim to please, because helping people do business is what we’re in the business of doing.
Morning Coffee & Tea
We offer complimentary morning coffee and tea service in our living rooms to give you and your guests a boost to jump start your day.
Evening Social Hour
We host an evening social hour in our living rooms to welcome you back after a day’s adventure or a busy day of business.
If you didn’t bring it with you, we’ve got your back. We’ve got you covered with the travel amenities you need—and maybe a few you hadn’t even considered.
Our definition of wellness extends beyond the obvious, from our complimentary, high-quality bikes and in-room yoga mats, to healthy options in our mini bar and in-room dining.
WAGGING TAILS WELCOMED
OK, we admit it. We have an animal attraction. Can you blame us? At every Kimpton boutique hotel, we invite you to bring your furry, feathery or scaly family member — no matter their size, weight, or breed, all at no extra charge. If your pet fits through the door, we’ll welcome them in. There’s more to our pet-friendly policy than just a no-fuss check-in and scratch behind the ear, though. We’ve got all the goodies you need to keep your pet pampered. Plus at certain properties, our Directors of Pet Relations are on hand (or paw, as it were) to give you and your buddy a tail-wagging welcome.
Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants Specific Policies
At most hotels, there is no charge for children 19 and under staying in the same room with parent(s). However, please check the individual hotel's Children Stay Free policy.
Pet friendly (fees may apply). Please check the hotel's pet policy.
- Guest room accessibility details
- Wheelchair accessible rooms
- Public area accessibility details
- Hotel entrance is wheelchair accessible
- Wheelchair accessible parking spaces are available
- Public restrooms are wheelchair accessible
- Elevators are wheelchair accessible
Cancellation policies vary by hotel. Because a hotel can set a cancellation policy of up to 30 days in advance, please review the rate rules at the time of booking to avoid possible charges.
Reservation Guarantees may be guaranteed by providing an acceptable credit card, so please check the hotel guarantee information. Please check individual hotel policy regarding cancellation policies. In the case of a no-show or a failure to cancel within the time limit specified by the rate rules, the hotel will charge the credit card for one or more nights depending on the cancellation policy in place at the time of the booking.
Some hotels require an advance deposit consisting of payment for one or more nights, including tax for each room reserved. When a hotel accepts deposits as a form of guarantee, the deposit must reach the hotel prior to the guest's scheduled arrival based on the hotel's deposit policy. This policy may vary per hotel, season and rate booked. Please review the rate rules at the time of booking.
Depending on the rate type, if a reservation has been guaranteed by a deposit or prepayment, a full refund will be made if the reservation is cancelled prior to the cancellation policy per the hotel's policy for that booking. Please always remember to check the specific rate rules and the individual hotel policy regarding cancellation policies. A refund amount, if applicable, will be sent to the party who made the deposit or prepayment.
Most major credit cards are accepted for payment. Please review the hotel's payment information.
Some hotels quote rates in a currency that is different from the hotel's local currency. Payment at these hotels is required at the local currency rate, so fluctuation is likely to occur. Further fluctuation may result from exchange rates used by credit card companies when billing cardholders.
To reserve 10 or more rooms, or to reserve banquet or meeting facilities at any of our hotels worldwide, please visit our group and meetings site www.meetings.ihg.com, or call 1-800-MEETINGS (800-633-8464) if calling from the U.S. or Canada. Elsewhere, call your nearest reservations office.
Bookings requiring 10 or more rooms are considered groups and are subject to the group policies applicable at the hotel booked. These bookings may also qualify for special rates. The rates and policies loaded in your GDS apply to individual reservations consisting of up to nine rooms.
Kimpton Awards and Recognitions
Awards and Recognition
- World Travel Awards – Georgia's Leading Boutique Hotel
- Scottish Hotel Awards – Luxury Brand Hotel of the Year
- Finder Green Awards – Green Hotel Chain of the Year
- WeChat Open Class Awards – Smart Service of the Year
- Hotel Management (HM) Awards – Accommodation Chain of the Year in Australia, New Zealand, and Asia-Pacific
- Very East China – Best Employer in the Tourism & Hospitality Industry
- Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s Corporate Equality Index – Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality